Steel Blast Furnace Lining Refractory Brick
August 03, 2018
Introduction to the causes and repairing methods of wear and peeling of refractory bricks in steel blast furnace lining
Reasons for damage to blast furnace lining refractory bricks:
(1) caused by mechanical reasons in the blast furnace smelting process
(2) The chemical corrosion caused by the reaction between the alkali metal oxide and the refractory brick to form the furnace, the lining of the furnace lining, and the loosening of the furnace lining carbon brick
(3) caused by the high temperature action of the blast furnace itself.
In addition, due to the unreasonable design and construction of the furnace wall of the blast furnace itself, for example, the bottom of the furnace lining floats, the quality of the furnace lining refractory is not good, the pores of the furnace wall brick during the masonry, the brick joints are unreasonable, and the operation of the steel plant Workers are caused by unreasonable hand exercises during the production process.
Blast furnace lining maintenance method
There are three common types of repairs we have for blast furnace walls:
1. Brick masonry method: that is, the medium repairing is to change the cooling wall and the brick lining. The workers enter the blast furnace to lay the furnace lining from bottom to top, but the shortcomings are long cycle, large workload, long production stoppage and poor working conditions.
2. Hard material pressing method: Repairing the middle and lower furnace walls of the thickened blast furnace shaft by hard material pressing technology without dropping the line, which is a method for quickly and effectively repairing the local furnace wall.
3. Spray lining method: The most commonly used at home and abroad is the spray lining method. There are two kinds of spray-filling construction: dry spray method and wet spray method. Generally, the exposed furnace wall is sprayed under the condition of reducing the material line, especially suitable for the unheated part of the upper part of the blast furnace and the large-area furnace wall repair. If the wall damage area is large, it is most suitable to use the spray lining, and the spray lining is more advantageous for the cooling wall blast furnace.