Production Process and Precautions for Clay Castables
Production process and precautions for clay castables
The clay castable is a refractory castable made of a clay and a high alumina raw material as an aggregate and a powder, plus a binder. The amount of clay castable typically exceeds 40% and the amount of Fe 2 O 3 is less than 2.0% to 2.5%. Therefore, there are strict requirements in the selection, batching, mixing, loading and storage of materials, and the production process is complicated and meticulous.
Production process of clay castables:
1. Material selection is a very important process and an important part of ensuring the production of clay castables. Suitable refractory clay castables, aggregates, powders, binders and additives should be selected according to the formulation and use.
2. Select ingredients according to the formula, screen the selected refractory materials according to the grade, and strictly control the particle size of the aggregate and powder.
3. When mixing, mix the powder evenly and then mix the aggregate evenly. The mixed powder is added to the aggregate, mixed uniformly, and the mixing time is controlled. The time should not be too short, usually 8-10 minutes.
4. Mix the clay castable into the ton package with additives and binders and then package.
5. The packaged castables are stored in the warehouse, date identification, moisture proof and waterproof treatment.
Precautions for using clay castables:
1. When making clay pouring mud, strictly control the water consumption.
2. During the construction of the clay castable, pay attention to the vibration time and vibration mode.
3. After pouring the clay castable, control the baking process, prohibit overheating, and prevent cracking of the construction body.